Playworld showcases ENERGI® Total Body Fitness System at AAHPERD National Convention (Booth #1709)
“Playworld is dedicated to developing innovative fitness and playground equipment that allows people of all ages to reap the benefits of physical activity throughout their entire lives, and ENERGI is an excellent example of one of those products,” said Ian Proud, research manager for Playworld. “We fully support AAHPERD’s mission to promote best practices among physical fitness professionals, and we’re excited to play a key role in enriching the experience for convention attendees this year.”
Visitors to the Playworld booth and participants in the Secondary PE Day will have the chance to enter to win a full, five-station ENERGI system valued at $14,560. Additionally, staff will offer demos of the system in the company’s booth at the top of every hour and on request during exhibition hall hours. Playworld, which is a member of the NASPE Corporate Council, will also be offering a 20 percent discount on ENERGI to NASPE members.
ENERGI: A fun, fresh-air fitness regimen for the entire community ENERGI uses the latest fitness theories and was designed in accordance with the FITT principle – frequency, intensity, time and type – which is endorsed by the American College of Sports Medicine and the American Council on Exercise:
- Frequency: the ENERGI system includes five stations, offering a total of 120 exercises, enough for a healthy, three-day a week workout regimen
- Intensity: each ENERGI station features three different skill levels (beginner, intermediate and advanced) allowing users of varying fitness levels to complete a progressive workout routine at their own pace
- Time: step-by-step instructions on each weather-proof fiberglass panel make it easy for users to build a 15- to 60-minute workout routine
- Type: ENERGI promotes four key types of fitness: cardiovascular fitness, muscular fitness, flexibility and body composition (total body mass)
ENERGI features Microsoft Tag, which is like having a mobile personal trainer to provide guidance on the safe and proper use of the fitness system. Microsoft Tag utilizes 2D bar code technology to connect real world objects to information and interactive experiences via the Tag Reader app on smartphones. Playworld is the first playground and fitness equipment manufacturer to incorporate Tags into its products.
“ENERGI is an invigorating, self-contained fitness regimen that allows people of varying ages and abilities to engage in exercise with friends and family while connecting with nature outdoors,” said Proud.
Program highlights at the convention include:
- Let's Move in School Showcase: Playworld-sponsored Let's Move in School Showcase, which will feature more than 200 San Diego-area students and their physical education teachers who will demonstrate physical education activities and examples of other components of the Comprehensive School Physical Activity (CSPAP) program. Invited VIPs include Drew Brees, Dave Winfield, Carl Lewis and Annika Sorenstam. Thursday, March 31 from 11:30 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. (Padres Petco Park, San Diego, CA)
- Secondary PE Day: Another Playworld-sponsored event is the Secondary PE Day, an all-day program that offers rotating speakers and presentations to instruct physical education teachers on best practices for middle school and high school PE classes. Friday, April 1 from 7:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- NASPE Hall of Fame Banquet: Playworld is the sole sponsor of the NASPE Hall of Fame Banquet, which honors the best in the physical education, physical activity and sport professions. The guest speaker, professional golf champion Annika Sorenstam, will be inducted into the NASPE Hall of Fame during the event. Friday, April 1 from 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m.
About Playworld, Inc.
Playworld, a third-generation family-owned company headquartered in Lewisburg, Pa., has been a leader in imaginatively designed and customized commercial recreation and play equipment for 40 years. With the belief that The World Needs Play®, Playworld creates equipment that brings the joy of play to people of every age through such innovative product lines as ENERGI®, LifeTrail® Advanced Wellness System, Playworld®, PlayDesigns®, NEOS®, and Origins™. Playworld has invested significant resources to measurably reduce its carbon footprint, from eliminating PVCs to enhancing its waste management and recycling programs. In fact, Playworld is the first major U.S. playground manufacturer to remove 99.999 percent of PVC from its products.
The company has received numerous awards throughout its 40 years, including two International Industrial Design Excellence Awards, a gold medal from International Design magazine, two News Directors’ Choice Awards on Early Childhood, and the Pennsylvania Governors’ Award for Safety Excellence. Along with these awards, Playworld was a consultant to the Architectural and Transportation Barriers Compliance Board (Access Board). For more information, visit PlayworldSystems.com.