Stimulate Your Budget with a Grant for Playgrounds
Rising health concerns across the country mean families are more interested in creating a supportive, engaging environment for children to get active. Play spaces provide essential places for children to unlock their imaginations, interact with other kids and participate in active play. Now is the time for local businesses, schools, parks and community centers to invest in new play equipment that can offer vital resources to communities.
However, funding new play spaces can be challenging for many businesses. Playground grants are popular resources that provide financial assistance when it's needed most
How to Find Playground Grants
You can access playground grants from several different resources, including:
- National, regional and local government grants. Governments often offer playground grants for schools, parks and community projects. When applying for a government grant, start by looking at the resources, agencies and programs in your city and state. You may also be able to learn more about additional grant opportunities by contacting your local community foundation.
- Corporate grants. Businesses are often willing to invest in their local community. We have compiled a full list of suggested corporate business grant requests, including well-known corporations such as Costco Foundation, Wells Fargo Corporate Giving grants and the Walmart Foundation. Don't forget to reach out to your local businesses and banks to request grant opportunities as well.
- Nonprofit grants. Many nonprofits offer grants for school playgrounds and community projects. Research the nonprofit organizations in your city, region and state to get started.
Other Sources of Funding for Playgrounds
Grants for playground equipment aren't the only way to receive help for your fitness or playground project. There are many different avenues you can pursue to pad your budget and make playground financing possible, including:
- Crowdsourcing. Outside of official government grants, there are plenty of places to turn for fundraising assistance. Individuals in your community, local businesses and service clubs in your region are excellent resources that may be willing to donate to your new playground. We recommend using a combination of online fundraising as well as making personal requests whenever possible.
- Fundraising events. In-person fundraising events can be dynamic ways to engage with your community and raise both funds and awareness about your playground project. Host your own party and include several fundraising prospects and a special guest. You can also prepare information about how your playground will positively impact the local community.
- Financing. If you need extra help to bridge the gap, look into financing options to help break down the cost of your new playground. At Playworld, we offer several convenient and simple ways to finance the entirety of your playground. Our leasing and phasing programs allow you to get your project started without a burden on your budget.
Download Our Grant Guide
Eligibility requirements vary widely, depending on the grant. Some grants are only for non-profit organizations or require you to show how your playground will help your community.
Browse Our Grant Guide to Learn More About Funding Your Playground
Creating a safe place to play can have a lasting impact on the children and families in your community. If financial stress is standing between you and a completed play space, we're here to help. There are plenty of grants for playgrounds and financing options you can access to make your playground equipment a reality. Download our grant guide to access our latest resources and tips.
If you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us directly. We would love to help create a payment plan for your new playground, so children can begin experiencing the joy of play as soon as possible!