Are you a landscape architect, parks industry professional, or community advocate who envisions planning a destination that brings joy to all people? Are you wondering how to get started?
In conjunction with the updated Inclusive Play Design Guide, Playworld is pleased to announce a course about creating an inclusive playground. The course is online and self-paced. After completing the training and passing a quiz, you’ll receive a downloadable certificate reporting that you’re an “Inclusive Playground Designer.”
In the course, you’ll be introduced to children who will share information about their disabilities and the inclusive playground design concepts that are important to them.
The course will help you answer the following questions:
- What’s the difference between accessible and inclusive?
- How do I create height on a playground in an innovative way?
- What are the seven sensory systems, why are they important, and how do I work them into my design?
- How can my design help people of all ages and abilities engage with others?
- How do I decide which surfacing to pick?
- Why should I be concerned about social and cognitive play?
The training introduces important playground concepts, including:
- Beginning your design by thinking about types of play, conceptual design, and overall access before equipment selection
- How to provide multiple range of challenge
- Real play choices
You’ll also be able to explore five different playgrounds in detail to get ideas for your next project.